Keeping your commercial roofing in good condition is one of the best ways to protect your investment, but knowing where to start is often confusing. Here at Red Monarch Roofing & Construction, we understand that commercial property owners have a great deal on their to-do lists. To make it easier to remember the most important commercial roofing maintenance tasks you need to schedule, we’ve created a handy checklist.
Below, you’ll find our expert tips to ensure your commercial roofing stands the test of time:
- Roof Cleaning – It’s ideal to schedule a service to clean the surface of your commercial roofing at least once per year. This cleaning will remove moss, algae, and other built-up grime and get rid of debris like sticks, leaves, pine needles, and other accumulated rubbish.
- Standing Water Checks – For those with a flat roof, it’s a good idea to occasionally check to ensure that you don’t have areas of standing water on your roof. Try to do this at least once per season or, at the very least, after particularly heavy rain.
- Gutter & Drain Cleaning – Your gutter system is a crucial aspect of the water damage prevention system on your commercial roofing, so be sure to schedule gutter cleaning services twice per year – once in spring and once in fall.
- Evaluate Roof Penetrations – If you have roof features like a chimney, skylights, vents, or anything else that penetrates your commercial roofing, make sure you regularly check that the seals around those areas are in good condition to prevent water from seeping in.
- Professional Roofing Inspections – The very best way to protect your commercial roofing is to schedule annual or twice-yearly commercial roofing inspections. Allowing a professional to examine your roofing ensures that any small problems will be caught before they become more severe.