These days, it seems like there is a DIY tutorial for virtually any problem you could ever encounter. However, just because there is a video telling you how to do something doesn’t mean it’s best to do it yourself, especially for skilled labor like roofing work.
In this article, we’ll go over six key reasons it’s better to hire a professional roofer than try to tackle your roofing projects by yourself.
- Expertise & Training – A qualified roofer has years of training and experience to draw from. They know how to identify the more subtle signs of problems and create an appropriate solution.
- Safety – Roofing work is inherently dangerous, but a professional roofer has all the safety equipment they need to move around on your roof without the risk of falling or injuring themselves. They also know how to navigate on roofs and are more comfortable doing so than an untrained person.
- Workmanship – A reputable roofer will take pride in their work and strive to do their very best on each job. They also often have access to better tools and materials, and their years of experience allow them to do work that is built to last.
- Efficiency– A roofer can quickly diagnose a problem and plan out a solution, all without having to consult hours of YouTube videos. Once they identify the problem, their experience ensures they can correct it quickly and effectively.
- Cost-Effectiveness – While doing something yourself might seem like a way to cut costs, hiring a roofer ensures that the work is done right the first time and allows you to avoid having to call a roofer to fix a problem that you made worse in your attempts to repair it.
- Guarantees – Most roofers offer some kind of workmanship or labor warranty or guarantee, which provides peace of mind and a safety net to fall back on if anything does go wrong.